BUDGETING HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY
We have people coming to us every single day, stressed to the max. Couples talk about how they argue over spending money, how they live week to week and everything is going swell(ish). Then, the shit hits the fan and the pain is bad enough, so bad, that they pick up the phone and give us a call. Sometimes the solution to their woes is simple and all that is required is a review of spending behaviour, a structure, a plan set in motion. Sometimes their pain is so bad that their situation is past the point of no return.
What we hear when talking to new clients often has nothing to do with money. The stresses that they are faced with are akin to:
- I want my husband to stop getting angry at me for asking for more money.
- I keep giving my wife more and more of my money and I’m so stressed as I’m left with nothing!
- I don’t know where I am going to find money for bills…
- I want to send my child to private school but I cannot afford the fees.
- I earn really good money and I should be further ahead in my life but I’m not and I have no idea why.
- I am really worried about my families financial future.
What if budgeting actually has nothing to do with money, but absolutely everything to do with your lifestyle, your choices, your goals, and what you want to achieve in your life? What if your ultimate life is just an alignment of your short and long-term goals?
We see people with money stress just wanting to have a better life with their partner so that money doesn’t challenge their relationship and so that their love is not lost. They want a better life for each other and their children, less stress, less bullshit, and in simplicity… they just want happiness.
Money is a tool; it is not emotional; it is our journey, our life and our experiences, the feelings that we attach to it, that make it emotional. A BUDGET is the structure that binds and forms your lifestyle happiness to give you the freedom of opportunity to live the life you have always wanted. By creating your own budget, you are creating the opportunities of your life, to live life your way. A budget is YOUR ultimate freedom! Money is only the tool…
When clients work with us, we love hearing their stories, sometimes a month in, sometimes a little longer. They go a little like this:
- I no longer need to ask my husband for money and because of this our relationship is in a much better place. I am so proud of myself.
- My wife is no longer asking me for money and this makes me feel great as the stress between us has shifted and we are enjoying each other again.
- When bills arrive in the post or via email, I have money available to pay them straight away. I feel GREAT being able to be on top of my finances!
- My children are getting the best education and the relationship between my partner and I has improved greatly. This means more time for family and fun and less time for stress!
- I now have a plan for my life for the next 3-5 years and this allows me great confidence to make the decisions that will move me closer towards my goals. Life is amazing!
Which brings me to my closing point… budgeting has absolutely nothing to do with money! Budgeting is about relationships, love, joy, sorrow and improving your life. Budgeting is the structure that allows you to live life, your way, with the goals and opportunities that present themselves to you. If you aren’t enjoying life right now, it is not because of money, it is because lack of structure is causing you to not be in control of your own life.
Budgeting is about relationships, our children, our goals and our aspirations in life! If you don’t have a plan to get where you are going, then where will you end up?
If you want to align your goals and your opportunities to live your best life then forget about money, for it is only the tool. A structure is essential for you to get ahead, and a budget will empower your choices and decisions moving forward, allowing you to live your best life! If you think it is time to take back control, then remove the emotions, use the tools, and structure your life the way you want to live!
For more information or to arrange an appointment please contact us:
Andrew and Alyssa Mates on 0420 846 454
or via email at:
“An effective budget is knowing which numbers belong where; and what the values of these numbers are to make the magic in your life happen…”